No matter how convincing all the facts against smoking may be, it is not mere facts and fear of lung cancer that you need, but a proper plan and therapy to help you quit.
As a result of implementing listed below principles and using suggested nutritional supplements, you will strengthen and calm your nervous system, increase energy levels and brain function, detox your blood from nicotine, improve blood circulation, boost dopamine and serotonin levels, and gain strong motivation.
All these benefits will make giving up smoking much easier. This approach will also strengthen your immunity reducing the risk of developing health problems associated with smoking.
- Drink 2 glasses of clean water and/or herbal teas (lemon balm, chamomile, holy basil, rooibos, mint, etc.) three times a day between meals to help detox your body and get rid of nicotine from your blood.
- To reduce craving, you must assist your body in removing nicotine from your blood by improving blood circulation and induce sweating through exercising vigorously, taking long hot baths, sauna or hot and cold alternative showers as often as possible. Remember to drink plenty of water and place cold compress on your head and neck while doing any heat- and sweat-inducing water treatments such as long hot bath or sauna.
- Every day, about 30 minutes before breakfast and before lunch, take 3 capsules of Gastone (Activated Charcoal) and 1 tablespoon of HealthAid Super Greens powder (containing concentrated Beetroot, Chlorella, Spirulina, Barley grass, Wheat grass, Alfalfa, Moringa and other super foods) with a juice or smoothie. It will help increase energy and detox your body from nicotine to make it easier to quit smoking.
- One of the most common addiction withdrawal symptoms is elevated stress and anxiety levels, irritability, and sleep problems. Ashwagandha has been regarded by many as one of the best herbs to help ease these symptoms and make it easier to overcome any addiction including smoking. At the same time Ashwagandha helps detoxification process and increases mental and physical energy.
- Every day after breakfast take one tablet of a good quality Multivitamin-mineral formula such as HealthAid Healthy Mega or Day-vit Active to provide B vitamins and other vitamins and minerals to improve your nervous system and brain function, boost metabolism and energy.
- Remember to take Magnesium Citrate powder (HealthAid) - 200mg (half teaspoon) three times daily with any liquid or food as smokers are very deficient in magnesium and lack of this mineral makes smokers easily irritated and temped to smoke again. Due to the soil degradation and refined diet, millions suffer from magnesium deficiency without even knowing it. Magnesium deficiency contributes to all health problems and it is almost impossible to detect it because it does not show up in blood tests as only 1% of the body’s magnesium is stored in the blood.
- It was found that Ashwagandha may help quit smoking by improving the ability to control stress, increasing GABA (brain chemical that promotes relaxation) and dopamine (which in our body is responsible for maintaining motivation). When as a result of experiencing withdrawal symptoms stress levels will rise Ashwagandha will help reduce stress and irritability.
- Take about 5,000 IU of Vitamin D3 daily after breakfast. Vitamin D is the strongest immune system booster and deficiency of this vitamin today is rampant. Vitamin D, magnesium, zinc, selenium and antioxidants will make your immunity much stronger thus helping reduce risk of health problems associated with smoking.
- For one or two weeks eat only whole plant foods (mostly raw) and avoid refined foods, sugar and stimulants such as alcohol, caffeine, cola drinks, theophylline in tea, and theobromine in cacao (chocolate) because they are known to stimulate desire for smoking.
- Drink 2 times a day 1 or 2 glasses of cold-pressed vegetable juice (mostly carrots, beets, and dark green leafy vegetables such as spinach and kale) about 30 minutes before meals, then start you meal with most healthy and nutritious foods. Fresh raw vegetable juices contain much higher concentration of nutrients than raw vegetable salads or smoothies. One glass of carrot juice contains all the nutrients found in approximately one kilo of raw carrots and those nutrients are much easier assimilated by the body.
- Often consume foods which increase levels of Glutathione (king of all antioxidants): Asparagus, Okra, Garlic, Onions, Rice bran, Mangosteen, Chlorella, fresh Dandelion leaves and fresh Nettle leaves (rinsed with very hot water to prevent stinging), Chickpeas (Garbanzo beans), Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Maca, Turmeric, Lentils, Parsley leaves, Collard greens, Kale, Brazil nuts, Mustard greens, Radish, Turnip, Watercress, Bok Choy, Rosemary, Berries, Avocado, Peaches, Watermelon, Beets, etc. Keep in mind that cooking (heating) reduces glutathione content of vegetables by 30-60%. Canning is even worse as it almost completely destroys glutathione!
- After meals, get outside, walk and breathe deeply for fifteen to thirty minutes. Do not sit after eating. This is the time you will want to smoke.
- Various studies revealed that many smokers are receptive to and benefit from spiritual resources such as prayers, religious group meetings, reading spiritual literature, etc. when attempting to quit and supporting motivation and will-power.
Keep in mind that the strong cravings will only last a few minutes and then go away. For this reason don’t rich for the cigarette but wait few minutes. Involve your mind in various favourite activities as it will help. Also remember that while trying to stop smoking, the hardest part comes in the first three days, but by the end of five days the majority of individuals find the craving significantly reduced or gone.
5 Day Stop Smoking Program with Dr Arthur Weaver
- Nicotine photo created by freepik - www.freepik.com
- No tobacco vector created by freepik - www.freepik.com
Any information or product suggested on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Consult your primary healthcare physician before using any supplements or making any changes to your regime.