Phase 1 of the liver detox is activated by various external toxins (heavy metals, alcohol, caffeine, dioxin, drugs, pesticides, etc.). Phase 1 is the first line of defence against toxins, and it uses various enzymes that protect cells from damage by converting toxins into smaller and less harmful substances destined for further detox and by making toxins water-soluble in order to enter Phase 2.
The following herbs, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants, and healthy plant foods can make this process much more efficient: Silymarin in Milk thistle, Dandelion, Artichoke, B Vitamins, Lipotropics (compounds that break down fat in metabolism: L-cysteine, L-methionine, Choline, and Inositol), Vitamin C, A (including Beta-carotene – provitamin A), and E, Curcumin (from Turmeric), Cruciferous veggies (Brassica family): Magnesium, Iron, Selenium, Copper, Zinc, Manganese, Resveratrol, Coq10, etc.
Phase 2 continues to farther convert the water-soluble metabolites from Phase 1 and prepares them for the removal from the body through bile, urine, and stool.
The following are crucial for this phase to be effective: Amino acids (Glycine, L-cysteine or N-Acetyl Cysteine, Taurine, and Methionine), Sulphur (from some of the above amino acids and cruciferous veggies including cabbage, garlic, onions, etc.), Choline, and Inositol, Magnesium, Molybdenum, Vitamin B12 (especially Methylcobalamin form), Alpha lipoic acid. The most important antioxidant for this phase is Glutathione, which is made from many of the above amino acids and antioxidants.
Nutritional Supplementation To Aid Phase 1 & 2
Unfortunately, the Phase 1 and Phase 2 of the liver detox are often inefficient due to the deficiency of the above listed nutrients. As a result, not only, liver suffers but the entire organism due to the accumulation of toxins that later contribute to many serious health problems.
HealthAid Livercare is an excellent aid in both phases of the liver detox as it provides 17 ingredients including the most of the mentioned above herbs, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants dedicated to support liver detoxification, liver health and its function.
- Milk Thistle, also known as Silymarin, helps rejuvenate liver cells damaged by toxins and alcohol. It is commonly used to help liver detoxification, and support normal digestion by stimulating enzyme formation and increasing bile production.
- B Vitamins, especially Choline and Inositol, help avert excessive accumulation of fat in the liver.
- Artichoke and Dandelion aid digestion and support liver by detoxifying and help maintain proper bile flow.
- Curcumin Extract (from Turmeric) aids liver detox and contains natural anti-inflammatory properties.
- Amino acids L-Cysteine and L-Glutamate boost levels of Glutathione, body’s most powerful antioxidant. Liver dysfunction is strongly associated with Glutathione deficiency.
Phase 3 is about transportation of Phase 2 metabolites to your kidneys for further filtration and elimination with urine. The liver also removes these toxins with bile through small intestine and gut where they are finally removed from the body with the stool.
In order to be more effective, the Phase 3 requires: Adequate water intake (2-3 glasses of water three times daily), adequate fibre intake (unrefined plant foods, Psyllium husk, etc.), Magnesium citrate powder, and good Probiotic supplement (such as UltraProbio, ColiProbio or DailyProbio) to improve bowel health and movement and avoid constipation (for more frequent and faster waste removal).
- Diet & Nutritional Supplements for Fatty Liver
- Time to Cleanse & Detox the Body
- King of all antioxidants
- Images: Clip art vector created by brgfx - www.freepik.com
- Image by fabrikasimf on Freepik
Professional Use Only
Food Supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet
Any information or product suggested on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Consult your primary healthcare physician before using any supplements or making any changes to your regime.