- Product Code:
What are Bio-Folate tablets?
Bio-Folate tablets contain L-methylfolate (5-MTHF) which is a superior alternative to Folic Acid as it is a stable, safe and highly biologically active form of Folate (Vitamin B9). Unlike Folic Acid, L-methylfolate doesn’t require an enzyme for its conversion. For this reason, L-methylfolate is the best option particularly for those with MTHFR mutation, as they can’t metabolise Folic Acid.
Folate is a member of the B group vitamins. It plays an important role in normal blood formation and amino acid synthesis. It contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, homocysteine metabolism, immune and psychological function, and normal maternal tissue growth during pregnancy.
Deficiency of Folate leads to fatigue and tiredness, anaemia (usually combined with B12 deficiency), painful mouth sores, poor memory and focus, low mood, depression, insomnia, and dark skin spots. Increased risk of birth defects is also linked to the deficiency of Folate (as well as vitamin B12). For this reason, the Government’s Chief Medical Officer advises that all women planning a pregnancy should take 400μg of supplemental Folate daily from start of trying to conceive until the 12th week of pregnancy.
Vitamin B9 (Folate) contributes to the maintenance of healthy heart function, normal blood pressure, blood cholesterol and glucose levels. Scientific research has demonstrated strong evidence that Folate when paired with Vitamin B12 can effectively keep blood homocysteine levels under control. Homocysteine is a type of amino acid that can contribute to the formation of blood clots and cause arteries to narrow and harden.
L-methylfolate and Folic Acid supplements should be taken with 1000mcg of Vitamin B12 to prevent B12 deficiency.
What are Folic Acid tablets for?
- Folate is required for the normal function of the brain, nervous and immune systems.
- It is very important for the formation of red blood cells.
- Folate is required during the period of infancy or pregnancy for the rapid cell division.
- Important nutrient to help protect against anaemia.
- Folate is involved in the synthesis; repair and functioning of DNA.
- Helps maintain normal homocysteine levels (high homocysteine levels are associated with increased risk of heart attacks and strokes).
Who are Folic Acid tablets for?
Folic Acid tablets may be of benefit to;
- Women who are trying to conceive or are already in their first trimester.
- People who wish to support heart health, normal blood pressure & cholesterol.
- Those who have low red blood cell count.
- Individuals with increased homocysteine levels.
- People with folate deficiency anaemia.
Recommended Daily Intake:
One tablet daily (preferably in the morning with breakfast). Do not exceed recommended daily intake unless advised by a suitably qualified person.
|Each Tablet contains (average):||
(as L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate Calcium)
|*: EC Nutrient Reference Value Not Yet Established|
Bulking Agents (Microcrystalline Cellulose, Di Calcium Phosphate), Anti-Caking Agent (Magnesium Stearate), L-5-Methyltetrahydrofolate Calcium.