As the summer time approaches, many of start thinking about seasonal cleansing to assist our body in its efforts to remove toxins, burn excess fat stored during winter time, boost immunity and feel more energised. Here are the key tips to help you make your summer detox a success:
- Increase metabolism and levels of “happy” hormones by fast walking in nature
- Drink one glass of fresh raw vegetable juice (made of carrots, beets and leafy greens) with one tablespoon of Super Greens powder (chlorella, spirulina, alfalfa, barley grass, etc.) 15-30 minutes before meals
- Eat more fresh raw vegetable salads (with added Humus), fresh fruits (avoid fruit juices), smoothies, whole grains, legumes, organic Tofu, and plant-based milk alternatives while reducing consumption of all animal, refined and processed foods
- Since due to various factors the food we currently consume is much lower in nutrients, make sure you safeguard your nutritional needs by taking a good Multivitamin-mineral supplement, and in addition, take 300-200mg supplemental Magnesium (citrate or bisglycinate), 2000-5000mcg Vitamin D3, and 1000mcg of Vitamin B12 in the form of sublingual Methylcobalamin daily
- Take a good Probiotic supplement containing variety of bacterial strains to benefit gut macrobiota and health, digestion, immunity, and other aspects of health
- Replace unhealthy sweeteners (sugar, high glucose/fructose syrup, artificial sweeteners, etc.) with raw organic honey, dried and fresh fruits and fruit smoothies, coconut sugar, erythritol, and xylitol using them alternatively (interchangeably). For breakfast, instead of breakfast cereals (sweetened with sugar), have cooked porridge oats with Tahini and fresh or dried fruits
- Drink 2-3 glasses of properly filtered water three times daily between meals avoiding water stored in plastic bottles
- Replace animal fat and proinflammatory refined oils with good fats (avocado, seeds, nuts, raw coconut oil, and cold-pressed olive oil)
- Take the following supplements: Ashwagandha, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Black Seed Oil, Kelp, Pine Bark Extract, Milk Thistle
- Replace coffee and black tea with Barleycup and Herbal Teas such as Rooibos (Red Bush), Lemon Balm, Mint, Chamomile, Nettle, Dandelion, etc.
- Think positive and laugh frequently
Any information or product suggested on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Consult your primary healthcare physician before using any supplements or making any changes to your regime.