Otitis media is a viral or bacterial infection of the middle ear that is particularly common in young children. It causes inflammation (redness and swelling) and a build-up of fluid in the middle ear.
- Weak immune system (as a result of vitamin D deficiency, use of antibiotics, diet high in sugar, refined foods such as white flour products, bad fats and proinflammatory refined oils, regular consumption of cow's milk, cheese, pizza, and all dairy products).
- A respiratory infection, such as cold or flu.
- Infected or overgrown adenoids (tonsils)
BENEFICIAL NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS
- Black Seed Oil (Nigella Sativa). Use it both internally (one teaspoon 3 times a day with meals) and externally (place 1-3 drops to inflamed ear every hour).
- Frequently apply into infected ear 1-3 drops of a mixture of one drop of either Tea Tree or Clove essential oil mixed with one teaspoon of raw organic Coconut oil or cold-pressed Olive oil.
- Beta Glucan Complex or Betaimune (both supplements contain Vitamin D3, Zinc, Selenium and other immune system supporting Vitamins and Minerals).
- Vitamin D3 - Children: 2,000 - 4,000 IU a day for 2 weeks. Adults: 10,000 – 20,000 IU daily for 2 weeks. After 2 weeks, children 1000-2000 IU daily, adults 4,000 - 5,000 IU a day. Vitamin D must be taken with Magnesium (200mg twice daily) as Vitamin D3 can’t be activated in kidneys without Magnesium and it leads to magnesium deficiency).
- Vitamin C: 3 x 1000mg with meals.
- Probiotic formula (DailyProbio or ImmuProbio) for 2 months.
- Allicin Max (standardised Garlic extract): 3 x a day 1 to 3 capsules with meals for 2 weeks.
- Xylitol (birch sugar) is also helpful in ear infections as it has antibacterial properties. Mix one teaspoon with warm water and place the solution into the inflamed ear three times a day or more. Xylitol interferes with the bacteria's ability to adhere to the infected cells. This also why xylitol is used in tooth pastes. Diabetics can use it as a sweetener it has low glycaemic index.
- Use baked onion juice externally for otitis media in children (video)
- Hot and cold alternative showers (for adults and older children) 2 x a day (more about hydrotherapy)
- Hot Foot Bath helps remove bad blood from the infected ear area. Before bed keep your feet in hot water and place very cold compress on forehead and neck while drinking plenty of water to induce sweating.
- The only oil to use until recovery is raw coconut oil.
- Avoid milk and dairy as well as products with refined sugar, dairy, cheese, glucose, fructose, pizza, white flour products, and anything that weakens immunity.
- Drink vegetable juices and eat more raw vegetables, cabbage family vegetables, carrots, etc.
Any information or product suggested on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Consult your primary healthcare physician before using any supplements or making any changes to your regime.