Lyme disease (Borreliosis) is a complicated infection caused by bacteria (Borrelia burgdorferi) transmitted from a tick or insect bite. The disease can start with muscle and joint pain, headaches, fever, and flu-like symptoms. Over time, the symptoms may turn into a chronic inflammatory condition.
LIFESTYLE AND NUTRITIONAL RECOMMENDATIONS
- Eat more raw vegetables, especially cabbage family, onion, and garlic.
- Until complete recovery, avoid everything which may weaken immune system: Refined sugar and foods containing sugar, high fructose/glucose syrup, milk and all dairy products, cheese, pizza, chocolate, ice creams, stimulants, refined foods, white flour products, white rice, etc.
- Avoid unhealthy fats and proinflammatory refined oils. Instead use only cold-pressed olive oil and especially raw coconut oil due to its antibacterial properties.
- Regular aerobic exercising, good night sleep as well as effective stress control and positive thinking are also crucial for strong immunity.
- Black Seed Oil (1 teaspoon 5 times daily) and Garlic Max capsules (standardised for allicin) - 3 x a day 1 capsule with meals until recovery. Both, Garlic and Black Seed oil (Nigella sativa) have potent antibacterial properties. If you use supplemental garlic, make sure it is standardised for allicin (such as Garlic Max) as most garlic formulas available on the market are deprived of allicin and therefore will not have antibacterial properties.
- Vitamin D3 is probably the most important supplement as it may have a tremendous influence on strengthening the immune system which is the most important element of dealing with chronic Lyme disease. Take 20,000 IU of Vitamin D3 (not D2) every day after breakfast for no longer than 1 month. After that, take 5000 IU a day continuously. Try to increase the blood level of 25-hydroxyvitamin D to at least 50 or more ng/ml. Keep in mind that supplemental vitamin D requires magnesium (200mg twice daily) as it needs it for its own activation thus leading to magnesium deficiency.
- Take good immune system formula, such as Beta Glucan Complex or Betaimune, as they contain zinc, selenium, vitamin C, vitamin D and other key nutrients that help support immune system.
- Good probiotic formula (ImmuProbio or DailyProbio) for at least 2 months or longer. It is extremely important as lack of beneficial bacteria in intestines is one of the key causes of compromised immunity.
- Vitamin C: 3 x 1000mg with meals.
- Hot and cold alternative showers twice daily to boost immunity and improve blood and lymph circulation.
Any information or product suggested on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Consult your primary healthcare physician before using any supplements or making any changes to your regime.
Image Credits: Symptoms vector created by brgfx - www.freepik.com