- Exercise every day to prolong your life by boosting circulation, immunity, detoxification, levels of “happy” hormones such as serotonin, and more. It was found that orchestra conductors live longer because exercising with arms strengthens heart muscle. You can exercise at home using an exercise bike, mate, or treadmill but aerobic physical activity such as fast walking (outside in the open air) is the best because of better oxygenation and contact with nature.
- There is strong evidence that regular fasting, avoiding overeating and skipping late meals is one of the best natural remedies and significantly prolongs life expectancy.
- Every day eat fresh raw Sprouts (alfalfa sprouts, watercress sprouts, sunflower sprouts, etc.). The process of seed germination results in a dramatic increase in their vitamin, mineral and phytochemical content. According to one expert, „Sprouts can contain up to 30 times the nutrition of organic vegetables! Sprouted seed, nut or bean has a whopping 43 times the enzyme power when compared to the non-sprouted variety! Sprouts are the highest source of enzymes which improve digestion of food and absorption of essential nutrients.” Purchasing very inexpensive sprouts at retail stores is the simplest method for adding sprouts to your menu, but growing them at home on a large tray with soil is much better. Online you will find numerous videos explaining how to make your own sprouts at home.
- You can eat as much fresh and raw vegetables (including vegetable juices and smoothies) as you want (especially leafy greens, organic carrots, beets, cabbage family, etc.), but if you prefer to cook them do it moderately or steam your vegetables. You will achieve much better results if your diet consists of at least 50% of raw (uncooked) and unprocessed plant foods (especially raw vegetables and fresh vegetable juices).
- Have 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed or soaked chia seeds with every breakfast.
- Follow diet and lifestyle of two longest-lived populations, Okinawans and Adventists living in California. The traditional diet in Okinawa was based on vegetables, beans, and other plants. Less than 1% of their diet was fish; less than 1% was meat, and the same with dairy and eggs, so it was more than 96% plant-based, and more than 90% whole food (unrefined) plant based—with very few processed foods. Living in California members of the Seventh Day Adventist Church who are on a plant-based unrefined diet, are known to have the highest life expectancy of any formally described population. Compared to Okinawans whose diet was 98% meat-free, their diet is 100% meat-free with majority avoiding also all animal foods (including dairy). Adventist vegetarian men and women who apart from plant diet also practice other principles of a healthy lifestyle (exercise, avoiding stimulants, positive attitude, etc.) have life expectancy of 87 and nearly 90, on average! That’s like 10 to 15 years longer than the general population! Also the difference in mortality rates regarding preventable diseases between UK women and Adventist women living in California and practising a healthy diet and lifestyle is huge.
- Think positive and learn to control stress. One of the most effective and at the same time neglected natural remedies is laughter. It greatly benefits our health because it increases the feel-good hormones – endorphins, which strengthen our immune system and are regarded as powerful painkillers and natural anti-inflammatory agents. Researchers at the University of Michigan have suggested that just 20 seconds of laughter could be as good for the lungs as three minutes of vigorous exercise!
- Most of us know from experience that it is very challenging and often impossible to be positive, control stress, or overcome fear and bad attitudes. It is so difficult simply because those negative emotions and fears seem to be a part of our nature we are born with. The good news, however, is that there are many people who claim to find inward peace and great improvement in emotional health as a result of daily meditation, feeding the brain with right spiritual literature and a heart-felt communion with the Higher Power. It is also important to emphasize the fact that, according to the research, this kind of spiritual approach is helpful only when combined with sincere faith in a powerful but at the same time loving and carrying God. On the other hand, believing in a demanding, punishing, and vengeful God was associated with increased risk of depression and mental disorders including schizophrenia.
- Take Antioxidants in the form of nutritional supplements because they are much higher in antioxidants than food we consume. Antioxidants are substances that help reduce damage caused by free radicals and are most effective in slowing the ageing process. Here is the list of the most effective antioxidants in the form of supplements that are very efficient in neutralizing free radicals and reducing free radical damage in the body: Pine Bark Extract such as Pycnogenol, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Acetyl L-Carnitine, Coenzyme Q10, L-Cysteine and N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC), Resveratrol.
Any information or product suggested on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any medical condition. Never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. Consult your primary healthcare physician before using any supplements or making any changes to your regime.