Biotin 5000µg - 60 Capsules
HealthAid Vegan Biotin 5000µg with Vitamin B5 - 60 Capsules
What is Biotin?
Biotin, also known as vitamin B7, coenzyme R or vitamin H, is a water-soluble B vitamin which is present especially in the skin, hair, nails, nerves and bone marrow. Biotin helps our body convert proteins, fats and carbohydrates into energy, thus promoting metabolism, normal body weight and higher energy levels. It contributes to the maintenance of normal mucous membranes and plays a special role in helping the body to use glucose (its main fuel) thus helping maintain normal blood sugar levels. Like other B vitamins, Biotin benefits the health of the nervous system, cognitive functions of the brain and mood. According to 1988 study and some newer trials, Biotin is beneficial in increasing good HDL cholesterol levels, while helping to reduce bad LDL cholesterol. Biotin is also known to help repair and build muscle tissue and support thyroid and adrenal function, thus promoting good mood, metabolism, normal body weight, energy levels, appetite and sleep. A deficiency of this vitamin can result in improper foetal development.
Biotin is especially known as a beauty vitamin. It thickens hair, increases elasticity and prevents dryness and breakage of the hair. It also helps make keratin, a primary component of healthy hair. In addition, Biotin helps carry oxygen to the cells in the follicles, making them energised and healthy. This is one of the reasons why Biotin has been proven to be very beneficial in preventing hair from becoming brittle and dull. Taking higher doses of Biotin help maintain nail health and prevent brittle nails. This benefit of Biotin was first discovered when horses were successfully treated with this Vitamin to eliminate problems with their hoofs becoming cracked and brittle. Biotin supports healthy skin growth, especially around eyes, nose, and mouth. Research also shows that Biotin can be helpful in protecting skin from dryness, acne, fungal infections, cracking, and rashes.
Since regular Biotin supplementation may lead to Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) deficiency the HealthAid Biotin 5000mcg Capsules are fortified with high strength Vitamin B5 which contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue, normal mental performance, energy-yielding metabolism, and metabolism of steroid hormones (sex hormones and adrenal hormones), thus promoting hormonal balance in both man and women. Like Biotin Vitamin B5 also promotes healthy hair, skin and nails.
There are eight different forms of Biotin, but only D-biotin is naturally occurring, biologically active, and is regarded the only type that has full biotin capabilities.
What is Biotin tablet for?
- Contributes to the maintenance of healthy hair, skin and nails
- Supports brain and nervous system function
- Helps maintain optimum energy levels
- Contributes to the maintenance of normal blood sugar levels
- Promotes metabolism of fats, carbohydrates and proteins helping maintain normal body weight
- Helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels
- Beneficial in supporting the body to manage stress more efficiently
Biotin may be of benefit to:
- People with hair loss and other hair related problems, brittle nails & skin problems
- Those who feel tired and need to increase their energy level
- Athletes and those who are very physically active
- Individuals who wish to maintain normal blood cholesterol & glucose levels
- People who need to improve cognition and ability to cope with stress
- Those who take supplements with Alpha lipoic acid or Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic acid)
- People regularly consuming raw eggs (protein found in egg white leads to Biotin deficiency)
- Those who smoke or consume large amounts of alcohol
- Individuals whose diet is high in sugar and other refined foods
Recommended Daily Intake
Adults, one tablet daily (preferably with breakfast). Do not exceed recommended daily intake unless advised by a suitably qualified person.
Warning: Please check with your primary
healthcare physician before taking this supplement if you suffer from a
medical condition, are on prescribed medication, are pregnant or
Free From: Yeast, Gluten, Wheat, Soya, Dairy, Lactose, Sugar, Gelatine, Salt, Artificial Colours, Preservatives & Flavourings.
Food supplements are not intended to treat or prevent any disease.
Standard Recorded delivery £3.99 or Free Delivery on orders over £30 (to the UK mainland only) Delivery within 3 - 5 working days.
UK & Mainland Consumers:
Standard Recorded delivery is £3.99. Delivery leads time is estimated 3 - 5 working days.
Standard Recorded delivery is £15. Delivery leads time is estimated 7-10 working days.
Standard delivery is £20.00. Delivery leads time is estimated 10-15 working days.