Graphic Designer / Artworker
Job Title: Graphic Designer / Artworker
We are currently looking for a full time Graphic Designer/Artworker with a minimum of 2 years commercial experience to join our in-house packaging and marketing department.
You will be working in a busy department on a variety of projects from designing packaging, posters and leaflets to web graphics both for the UK and Export market. The company is well established and has a recognised brand presence, based in Harrow, this is a hybrid role involving both layout design within set style and tight brand guidelines, and also artworking files for print. The Designer / Artworker will need to be a proactive worker who can follow brand guidelines to produce work that maintains the design quality and is delivered with total accuracy and consistency.
This role involves designing work and image selection from a stock library and requires a creative eye. The right candidate will need to be happy working to templates and artworking just as much designing. The designer / artworker will largely be working in Illustrator, the role also involves some Photoshop work and also work in InDesign.
You will take personal responsibility for your allocated projects in terms of prioritising your workload and for liaising with different departments as needed. You will need to have excellent time management and work in an organised
and efficient way.
• The right candidate will be someone who can add value to our company packaging and marketing design. You will combine creativity with a passion for quality and attention to detail.
• As well as being responsible for the quality of design, the successful candidate will have excellent time-management skills and be able to work well under pressure to deliver to project deadlines.
• They will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Innovative & highly creative
- Strong design skills and attention to detail
- Passion for design
- Competent on Mac
- Design software skills (Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Able to work well under pressure
- Prior design industry experience
- Excellent Knowledge of print production
- Confident & good communicator